01. If you are applying on behalf of an entire class or student group, please designate a maximum of three student leaders to be the main points of contact for the project. We realize additional students may be involved, but having clear points of contact will make communication much easier.
02. Include numbers as best as you can. We want to know how many students will be involved in executing your project, how many people will benefit from your project, etc. Please note that more isn’t necessarily better. The numbers simply help us better understand the scope of your project.
03. While we understand the need for purchasing items to donate to others, your microgrant project should involve more than just purchasing items and donating them. Are you transforming the items you purchase into something else that can be used in a variety of ways? Are you bringing students together to pack/organize/make something out of what you purchase?
04. It is our intent that our grants fund the nuts & bolts of projects so we do not fund stipends, facility rentals, or transportation costs.
05. We notify applicants of decisions within six (6) weeks of each microgrant deadline.
The Karma for Cara microgrant program is managed by our partner, Living Classrooms Foundation. Living Classrooms is a nonprofit organization based in Baltimore, Maryland. Its “Inspired to Serve” program aims to engage students from a diversity of backgrounds in service.
Karma for Cara is committed to equal employment and volunteer opportunity without regard to age, ancestry, disability, national or ethnic origin, race, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
This policy applies to all areas of employment and volunteer participation, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws
For all questions related to microgrants, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.